python coding contest

Jacob Hallen jacob at cd.chalmers.se
Sun Jan 1 14:55:08 EST 2006

In article <mailman.2656.1135808826.18701.python-list at python.org>,
Simon Hengel  <simon at airlangen.de> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>> After all, I'd really love to set up another contest with
>> different measures and criteria.
>
>for future events i will take a close look at other possibilities for
>doing a ranking. At the moment the 22c3 and the contest is eating up all
>my time. Pleas appreciate that i may not keep up with all mails. Sorry
>for that.

For whatever it is worth, I enjoyed myself thoroughly thinking about the problem,
discussing it and listening to others discuss it. It was FUN!

It is built into all requirements for shortest or fastest that the winning solution
will be using obscure features and combinations in order to make the absolutely
optimal solution. This doesn't really matter unless your goals are to demonstrate
the elegance of the programming language. If you want to provide an alternative
to solving crossword puzzles or mega-hard Sudoku's for the Christmas holiday, I'd
say this is spot on.

Jacob Hallén