reportlab - ttf justify

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jan 19 11:25:54 EST 2006

maeckle wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm working with reportlab since a couple of weeks and i managed to
> create quite nice pdfs...
> there is a little problem though. since i have to create english and
> russian content, i use the utf8 support of registered ttf's. the only
> thing is that it does not support the justify-alignment in paragraph
> flowables!
> is there a way to fix that?
>
> thanks alot
> jm

Hi, you'll get better response from the reportlab-users list at

The ttf support has been significantly improved in an svn branch. re-ask on that
list giving your current version.

I believe the problem with ttf justification was related to using space as a
splitting character in dynamically subsetted fonts. Someone posted a fix for
that problem to the users list and I think that has gone in to the code now, but
I'm not sure if it is on the stable branch or not.
--
Robin Becker