Using CGI to interface with an XML-RPC server

Rob Cowie cowie.rob at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 12:14:19 EST 2006

>Python ships with cgi and xmlrpc support (cgi and xmlrpclib, respectively),
>so I'm not sure why you even think you have to ask...
>    1. use cgi to parse form data
>    2. use xmlrpclib to issue request
>    3. use print or your favourite html templating library to generate
>    output
>
>(it might be a good idea to check with your web server admins, though,
>to make sure they don't have a problem with outgoing HTTP requests)

So it is possible.

I'm aware of cgi and xmlrpc modules. The reason I have asked is that
there appears to be much difficulty when tying these two things
together. I also wanted to see if anyone mentioned CGIXMLRPCserver
which is part of the stdlib. I am unsure if this is what I am looking
for. I have been unable to fully comprehend the documentation.

Thanks for your help.