Python vs C for a mail server

Nicolas Lehuen nicolas.lehuen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 12:15:24 EST 2006

Jens Theisen wrote:
> Please don't be offended, but if anyone could make a point of how Python's
> disadvantages in these regards could be alleviated, I'd be very
> interested.
>
> Jens

Well, I write Java, C++ and Python code, and I have posted a few
thoughts about this on my blog :

http://nicolas.lehuen.com/

My two latest problems with coding in C++ are due to the environments :
libraries using different string types and the whole problem with the
building system. I love the language, but I get a much better leverage
through Python and Java due to the quality and ease of use of their
built-in and third party libraries. I use C++ only for my core data
structure (namely a tuned version of a ternary search tree which I use
to build full text indices).

Regards,
Nicolas