"Temporary" Variable

Sat Feb 25 22:19:09 EST 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:08:22 -0800, darthbob88 wrote:

> Reply to all: I realize that naming a variable "spam" is not entirely
> kosherized. It was originally named secret, but I renamed it in a fit
> of whimsy. The language is named after Monty Python's Flying Circus, is
> it not? Remember the Spam Sketch.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_sketch

Absolutely!

And it is a fine thing to use Monty Python references as generic variables
in Python, instead of foo, bar, baz and so forth.

All up, I'm surprised at the fuss made over a throw-away line.

> I thank you for finding the problem; I thought it might involve string
> v int comparisons when Comrade D'Eprano's code went wonky.

My code went wonky?

> Many thanks, and good luck to you.
> PS: As for the inappropriate naming, the Swedes tried to sell their
> vacuums under the motto "Nothing sucks like an Electrolux."

Which is a wonderful, deliberately ironic advertising line. I love it!!!

--
Steven.