a little more help with python server-side scripting

Wed Feb 22 00:42:50 EST 2006

Steve Holden wrote:

>> Where does this line go? Just at the top as well?
>
> Nope. I presume you can log in to your web server using ssh or telnet or
> similar. In which case you do so. Then use the commands
>
> cd {wherever}/cgi-bin
> chmod +x test.py
>
> to make the script executable, and therefore recognised as a proper
> script by Apache.

I'm afraid I still don't understand. I guess this step isn't necessary,
since the script seemed to run anyway, but I'd like to know this anyway.
The way I log into my server space is by an FTP program, so I don't see
an occasion to actually *type* in any kind of commands.