Thread Question

Felipe Almeida Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 15:42:11 EST 2006

Em Ter, 2006-02-28 às 20:38 +0000, Grant Edwards escreveu:
> On 2006-02-28, D <duncanm255 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, Grant.  I apologize for not being clear on what I
> > meant by using "classes".  This is an example of what I was
> > referring to:
> > http://www.wellho.net/solutions/python-python-threads-a-first-example.html
>
> Ah, I see.  I had forgotten that people subclass Thread like
> that.  It's mostly just a matter of style.  There aren't any
> practical differences that I can think of.

Within a class you can maintain lots of internal states and make it
easily changable by other threads. Sure, you could archive this with
functions, but IMHO it's not pythonic. But for simple cases both would
suffice.

--
"Quem excele em empregar a força militar subjulga os exércitos dos
outros povos sem travar batalha, toma cidades fortificadas dos outros

  -- Sun Tzu, em "A arte da guerra"