DCOracle2: OCI error

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Feb 21 06:32:17 EST 2006

Chris wrote:

> Update: Instead of disconnect / reconnect, I made it so that in case of
> 1084 errors I rollback and retry the same INSERT again.
> It worked... It's not beautiful code but it's working.
> So really I think something's fishy in dco2.c
> If someone tell me what should be investigated I could look into the
> issue.

No idea, but could as well be OCI. We're working here with ORACLE 10g with
the java JDBC-driver - and already found an oracle-bug and a driver-bug. So
what I would recommend is looking into what dco2 actually does at that
point - if it only puts a thin layer above OCI, and the problems come from
there.

Diez