Best way to capture output of another command-line program in Win32?

Peter A. Schott paschott at no.yahoo.spamm.com
Mon Feb 6 14:17:04 EST 2006

Not sure what I should do here.  I know that DOS/CMD can capture the output of
EXE files in Win32.  I know that os.popen() has been recommended for this, but
the couple of times I've tried, it didn't seem to work well.  I haven't had a
lot of need to do this recently, but we're trying to automate some processes
right now that require us to trap the output of a command line and react
accordingly.

Any suggestions on the best method for trapping this output?

Thanks.

-Pete