Python, GUI, and GTK+

Dave Cook davecook at nowhere.net
Mon Feb 6 07:30:31 EST 2006

On 2006-02-05, Piotr Husiatynski <husio at o2.pl> wrote:

> I'm new at GUI programming. I've heard about Gazpacho but I couldn't find
>  any tutorial about it on Internet (even on the gazpacho page). Becouse of
> that fact, I've installed Glaze, but there's probably no tutorials for
> python too.
> Can anyone point me an introdutory tutorial on how to implement a very
> simple application in GTK+ based on a XML file?

Gazpacho tries to follow Glade closely, but adds some things like support
for actions and kiwi widgets.  So look for tutorials on Glade, and then read
up on actions.  Then what Gazpacho is trying to do should be more clear.

You should be able find everything you need at pygtk.org in the righthand
sidebar.

Dave Cook