newbie - script works in PythonWin - fails from Python

Fri Feb 3 06:04:13 EST 2006

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 02:29:03 -0800, marcus.tettmar wrote:

> I'm using ctypes and loading a DLL and running a DLL function.  As I
> say it works perfectly with no errors when I run from PythonWin but
> gives the following exception when run from command line.
>
> WindowsError: exception code 0xeedfade

I find it hard to believe that this is the entire exception traceback.
This is what a traceback looks like:

>>> dosomething wrong(20)  # oops, space in the function name
  File "<stdin>", line 1
    dosomething wrong(20)
                    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

See how much information is given by the traceback? If I just posted
"SyntaxError: invalid syntax" to the newsgroup with no further
information, what do you think the chances are anyone would guess the
cause of the problem?

So, how about trying again with the complete traceback?

--
Steven.