Is Python a Zen language?

none "jay\" at (none)
Mon Feb 27 05:05:14 EST 2006

Cameron Laird wrote:
> In article <1140903119.580735.108440 at e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com>,
> Kay Schluehr <kay.schluehr at gmx.net> wrote:
> 			.
>
>>Lucid in the mid 80s that gone down a few years later. As it turned out
>>that time Lisp was not capable to survive in what we call today a
>>"heterogenous environment". It was strongly too self-centered. So I
>
> 			.
> 			.
> 			.
> Smalltalk, too.  And, in a different way, Pascal.

I had the same thought.  Smalltalk is a wonderful environment but it
doesn't really play well with others.  Smalltalk really wants to be
*the* environment where the language is just a scripting tool within
this larger environment of object manipulation, and it's really cool at
that, but as a language for 'business apps' ina  heterogenous
environment out it's own image, it's akward sometimes