Komodo - Will it Lock Me In?

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 05:19:43 EST 2006

Matt wrote:
> "Peter Decker" <pydecker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >You should take a look at Dabo,
>
> Yes, I have Dabo installed on my system. I made a small test app, but was
> unable to deploy it. I was getting an error from py2exe, I think, about how my
> wxPython installation was not correct. This is the kind of thing I am talking
> about. If Dabo were an integrated system, I wouldn't have to spend many days
> struggling to install package after package and then get them all to play nice
> with each other.
>
> Having said that, I will continue to struggle and like Dabo as the best option
> so far.

Have you reported your problem on the py2exe mailing list ? Lots of
people use py2exe with wxPython - so it should be possible to resolve.

(To post to the py2exe mailing list, please incldue the full error
message and a copy of the 'setup.py' you are using. This will help
people diagnose the problem.)

I have two other recommendations.

1) Look at SPE the editor - htttp://pythonide.stani.be
    It is open source and includes a GUI builder as well. It's a very
nice editor.
2) For *deploying* applications you could consider Movable Python.
You'll need to buy a license per *target* machine, but it's a full
distribution of Python - so doesn't need the 'build' phase of deploying
with py2exe.

All the best,

Fuzzyman