Using ElementTree to tidy up an XML string to my liking

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Fri Feb 24 12:21:59 EST 2006

peterbe at gmail.com wrote:
> Yes I am but, I'm using a DOM Serializer in Firefox which for some
> reason turns myCamelNames into MYCAMELNAMES for the nodenames. I'll
> therefore need to control the case-spelling of these things as I'm
> formatting the XML string.

I realize that it's difficult to make sure that every user of your
system has a corrected Firefox, but it seems to me that there is
a bug in that DOM Serializer, and that it would be good to mend
that.

Concerning element names, it's your coice of course, but I agree
more and more with Guido and PEP008 that camelCase is ugly. (Not
that ALLCAPS is better...)