editor for Python on Linux

Mladen Adamovic adamm_n0 at spamm_blic.net
Mon Feb 20 11:23:42 EST 2006

Mladen Adamovic wrote:
> I wonder which editor or IDE you can recommend me for writing Python
> programs. I tried with jEdit but it isn't perfect.

I've got a lot of replies on this message.
In jEdit auto ident don't work OK.

Answers like vi, emacs and gedit I won't take seriously.
For gods sake, gedit don't even have syntax highlighting (at least on
Centos 4.2).

I would like syntax highlighting, auto ident and if possible auto
completition and embedded help.

I downloaded a couple of sugestions and I will try it. Thank you for
your answers :) .

--
Mladen Adamovic
home page: http://home.blic.net/adamm