text encodings -> subprocess.Popen or -> labelmarkup (pygtk)

calmar mac at calmar.ws
Thu Feb 16 02:56:20 EST 2006

Hi all,

first of all, I have to say I have hardly no knowledge about that
issue.

on the program there, I have it like that:

    ,-------------------------------------------------------
    | obj = unicode(newcomment, 'utf-8')
    | newcomment = obj.encode('latin-1')
    |
    | pipe = subprocess.Popen(tot, stdout=subprocess.PIPE,\
    |        stderr=subprocess.PIPE, shell=False)
    `---

that seems to work with that construction above.

Then I think, 'what' kind of encoding I can send to an external program,
depends also on that program? Or on the environment? If, then how could
I get that environemnt? (the programs runs also under MS windows)

Well, maybe someone has some hints about encodings issues like that, and
what I can send to external commands?

thanks a lot
calmar

--
  calmar

          (o_  It rocks: LINUX + Command-Line-Interface
          //\
          V_/_                     http://www.calmar.ws