Is python very slow compared to C

bonono at gmail.com bonono at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 20:22:01 EST 2006

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> > Programming in Lua
> > Object-Oriented Programming
> > http://www.lua.org/pil/16.html
>
> Did you actually bother to read the page you linked to? It describes how
> you can emulate object-like behaviour for Lua tables. The following page
> is even more explicit: "Lua does not have the concept of class".
>
> That means that the object-oriented framework, which you get for free in
> Python, has to be at least partially handled by the programmer in Lua.
> Perhaps Lua makes it easy to do, but it is still something that doesn't
> need to be done in Python because it is already there.

Lua does not have a concept of class doesn't mean it doesn't have the
concept/framework of OO. It seems to be using a prototype based OO
framework similar to javascript. So one can have features like
inheritance without "class".

I can speak the same about Python if I view it from a prototype based
perspective, where one get them for free in Lua but need to implement
them in Python.