How to *Search* with google from inside my programme and get the search result?

Brett g Porter bgporter at acm.org
Wed Feb 15 09:36:15 EST 2006

I V wrote:
> Frank Potter wrote:
>> Does google supply some webservice to programmers? I did see
>
> Googling for "google api" gets you to:
>
> http://www.google.com/apis/
>
> It appears to be a SOAP API, which you can access with python, but I
> think you'll need a third-party library. Googling for "python soap"
> gets you:
>
> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-pyth5/
>
> which might be a place to start.

Or even easier:
http://pygoogle.sourceforge.net/

SUMMARY
-------
This module allows you to access Google's web APIs through SOAP,
to do things like search Google and get the results programmatically.
This API is described here:
   http://www.google.com/apis/

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Requires Python 2.0 or later

Requires the SOAPpy library from the Python Web Services project
(http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net).  We include an older version, but
its use is now deprecated (and will go away completely in future
releases).  Unfortunately, versions of SOAPpy prior to 0.11.3 will not
work correctly, and thus PyGoogle will fall back on the included
SOAP.py library if an earlier version is found.

// BgP