help regarding installing python documentation

N Sharmishta-in1769c in1769c at motorola.com
Fri Feb 10 07:21:03 EST 2006

Hi
I have installed the python 2.4 version and downloaded the HTML
documentation also.
But when I give the command help( ) in the IDLE command prompt and ' while '
,it says

Sorry, topic and keyword documentation is not available because the Python
HTML documentation files could not be found.  If you have installed them,
please set the environment variable PYTHONDOCS to indicate their location.

I don't know how to set the variable PYTHONDOCS .kindly help .

Sharmishta