Zope/Plone - Is it the right solution?

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Tue Feb 21 18:52:54 EST 2006

kbperry a écrit :
> Well,
> I guess our main goal in this class is to improve usability and user
> experiences at the site.
>
> While we want to improve our site visually and make it more usable to
> the prospective students, the site needs to be easily updated.  I don't
> think that I am looking for a wiki.

Don't overlook this solution. A wiki can be made good-looking, and you
just can't beat it when it comes to ease of use for non-technical
persons (and for technical persons too...). Modern wikis like MoinMoin
or the Wiki part of Trac are also very extensibles.

For the record, for our own extranet, we're actually switching from CPS
(a very-close-to-Plone CMF) to... Trac - there's not even a subversion
repository around, but we use the Wiki/Ticket/Roadmap combo to manage
our current projects.

Now Plone is a pretty good CMS for Portal-like sites, so it may be what
you're looking for...