Another try at Python's selfishness

n.estner at gmx.de n.estner at gmx.de
Fri Feb 3 06:59:10 EST 2006

> I still see "newbie-friendliness" as a
> MAJOR plus for Python -- it increases the chance that users
> of your software will become contributors.

Yes, I 100% agree to that point!
But the point is, the current situation is not newbie-friendly (I can
tell, I am a newbie): I declare a method with 3 parameters but when I
call it I only pass 2 parameters. That's confusing. If I declare a
member variable, I write: "self.x  = ValueForX", why can't I be equally
explicit for declaring member functions?