breaking from loop

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Fri Feb 10 02:50:42 EST 2006

Ritesh Raj Sarraf enlightened us with:
>                         bFound = True
>                         break
>                         return bFound

I see two weird things. First of all, the retun statement won't be
reached due to the break before it. Let's assume the break isn't
needed, and you want just the return. Why set the variable if you're
going to return anyway? I'd change those three lines to "return True".

> But since test directory is under temp, work_tree_copy makes two
> calls of the same function _but_ break only is able to get out from
> the inner call.

Raise an exception and catch it at the outer level.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa