Pulling all n-sized combinations from a list

mensanator at aol.com mensanator at aol.com
Thu Feb 9 18:18:49 EST 2006

Magnus Lycka wrote:
> mensanator at aol.com wrote:
> > Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> >>Windows don't support C ?  that was a new one.
> >

> > Windows comes with a C compiler? That's news to me.
>
> It doesn't come with Python either. Both Python and
> the compiler etc that you need can be freely downloaded
> from the internet.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried it?

I _have_ downloaded Cygwin and was able to compile GMP
using gcc (after much wailing & gnashing of teeth). But using
the free SDK compiler from MS? That seems elusive. Lucky for me,
someone who had the non-free MS compiler was able to create
a Windows binary of GMPY or I'd still be SOL. If you don't have
the tools or don't know how to use them, the Windows C support
may as well be on the far side of the Moon for all the good it does
me.

> I suggest you leave the witty sarcasms to effbot.

I thought I was replying to a witty sarcasm.