a little more help with python server-side scripting

Wed Feb 22 00:46:56 EST 2006

Steve Holden wrote:

> If the script ran, you will now know waht version of Apaceh you're
> running with!

Well, the script did seem to run, but I'm still not sure if this is what
I'm ultimately after. This allows me to run Python script files, which
is good, but what I really want to do is write bits of Python code in my
HTML files (as a means to include headers and footers, for example). So
these bits of Python code will basically be like a PHP include()
function that calls another HTML file which contains the header/footer
HTML to insert into the calling file. This type of situation doesn't
involve calling external Python scripts.

Maybe I can just try this also and see if it works, but I don't know the
code to use to write such an include statement. What would the
equivalent of this be in Python:

<?php include('file.html'); ?>

Thanks.