Python on Windows

svbrk at start.no svbrk at start.no
Fri Feb 3 17:08:40 EST 2006

> I would love a single .exe file that would run without ANY OTHER FILES
> even if it was 50 Mb!

You should look at pyinstaller
(http://pyinstaller.hpcf.upr.edu/cgi-bin/trac.cgi), as far as I know
the only py->exe compiler that makes single file executables for
windows. You may even bundle additional files as well, such as images.

Note: The 1.0 release makes exe's that depend on msvcrt71.dll (which
does not exist under win2000 and win9x). To make a universal windows
executable, you must check out the latest version from svn, or download
my temporary zip-file at
http://home.no.net/~sbrekke/SlideShowTest/pyinstaller.zip . You may
also try my sample slide-show executable
http://home.no.net/~sbrekke/SlideShowTest/show.exe (use the
arrow-buttons to navigate. It was made from the python file
http://home.no.net/~sbrekke/SlideShowTest/show.py with the compilation
script http://home.no.net/~sbrekke/SlideShowTest/build.py).

-svein