Test indexers...how do they work?

gene tani gene.tani at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 09:51:49 EST 2006

Raja Raman Sundararajan wrote:
> Hello guys,
>     I was investigating how one can use the "text indexers" in python
> and I stumbled across several ones. eg., pylucene
>
> I wanted to know how the algorithm of indexers look like. I have heard
> people talking about B-Trees. But this info. is simply know enough. I
> would like to know exactly each part of the indexing flow and the
> algorightm behind it work.

Info pls, are you talking about how Analyszers do stopwords and
stemming / lemmatization?  or how  queries are handled, or how indexes
(bitfields) are built / queried?  I think Hatcher's book is the best
place to start, tho doesn't focus intensively on lucene's
implementation

http://lucenebook.com/blog/

http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/WhitherLupy

This *was* a pure python port, Lupy which i remember being pretty easy
to follow, maybe you can get them to send it to you