python and webcam

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Feb 12 16:13:41 EST 2006

"dfaber" <deusfaber at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1139773485.698970.195320 at z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> I have Logitech webcam and I need to grab images on Fedora Core 4 (not
> my favorite distro). Are there any python modules available for doing
> this? Any hints or suggestions would be welcome.

If is one of their ball cameras (or other shape)b with a USB connection,
then I would expect that you access it through the TWAIN protocol.  (I
don't know how to do that from python, but wish I did!).  If it is a truly
web-ready camera with a built-in server and ethernet connection, then you
access it via an http request to its inet address.