py2exe question

mitsura at skynet.be mitsura at skynet.be
Fri Feb 3 10:56:23 EST 2006

Hi,

I just installed py2exe to create a binary of my Python script.
However, py2exe does not seem to create a binary from my .py script.
This is what I have done:
I create a setup.py script:
"
# setup.py
from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

setup(name="APP1", scripts=["C:\\Python24\\_APP1.py"],)
"

I then ran "python setup.py py2exe"
I see a lot of stuff scrolling on the screen. A 'built' directory is
created. At the end I get a message saying that I may or may not need
to include some DLL (all windows system DLLs). and that's it. No error
message but also no binary.

When I remove 'scripts=["C:\\Python24\\_APP1.py"]' from the setup.py
file, I  get exactly the same result. The same output, no error, no
binary.

Any idea what I am doing wrong here? Where should the compiled binary
go?

Any help much appreciated.

Kris