Issues installing MySQL-python-0.3.5

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Tue Feb 14 04:38:21 EST 2006

Sorry for the duplicate email, Keith.

keith at nekotaku.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the Python MySQL APIs and have been attempting to
> install the above software.
>
> I am using MySQL 5.0.18-standard with Python 2.4.1
>
> I get errors on the build. Some searching showed that one of the modules
> I was having issues with now has less arguments in my version of python,
> but I can't seem to fix the following error:
>
> ***
> _mysqlmodule.c: In function ‘_mysql_ConnectionObject_shutdown’:
> _mysqlmodule.c:1019: error: too few arguments to function
> ‘mysql_shutdown’
> ***
> Should I just give up on MySQL-python-0.3.5 ? [...]

This release is almost 5 years old. Where did you dig it out from? ;-)

http://dustman.net/andy/python/MySQLdb_obsolete/0.3.5

"""
MySQLdb module 0.3.5
OBSOLETE Python Interface to MySQL

Stability: Perfect in every way

Released: 2001-03-25 00:00 UTC
Notes

NOTICE: This version works fine, but I strongly recommend 0.9.0 or
newer, available from SourceForge.
"""

I'd try MySQLdb 1.2.0, which *might* work, according to its README:

"""
   * MySQL-5.0 and newer are not currently supported, but might work.

   * MaxDB, formerly known as SAP DB (and maybe Adabas D?), is a
     completely different animal. Use the sapdb.sql module that comes
     with MaxDB.
"""

-- Gerhard