a little more help with python server-side scripting

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Feb 21 23:27:47 EST 2006

John Salerno wrote:
> Ben Cartwright wrote:
>

>>>The script can be given a executable mode, or permission, using the
>>>chmod command:
>>>
>>>  $ chmod +x myscript.py
>>
>>And this answers your second.  Your host needs to know the path to your
>>script so they can use chmod to make it executable.
>

> Where does this line go? Just at the top as well?

Nope. I presume you can log in to your web server using ssh or telnet or
similar. In which case you do so. Then use the commands

cd {wherever}/cgi-bin
chmod +x test.py

to make the script executable, and therefore recognised as a proper
script by Apache.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119