How to send an email with non-ascii characters in Python

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Fri Feb 24 14:06:49 EST 2006

Lad enlightened us with:
> and can give me an example of  Python code that can send such
> email??

Not really, but I'm sure this will help you. In fact, my last name has
an umlaut on the 'u'. This is the From header in my emails, encoded in
Latin-1:

From: Sybren =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=FCvel?= <sybren at thirdtower.com>

You must ensure that there are no spaces in the specially encoded
part. So if I'd encode my first name too, it would be:

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Sybren?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=FCvel?=

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa