How many web framework for python ?

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Sun Feb 19 16:10:02 EST 2006

Ville Vainio enlightened us with:
> When you write your own framework, you are helping yourself.

True. And if that doesn't have a negative effect on others (which I
think it doesn't) there is nothing wrong with that.

> If you use an existing framework and possibly contribute patches to
> it, you help other people too.

Also true, but there is more to it. If I can create my own framework,
get more experienced, and be able to spare time in the long run
because I can quickly implement features I want, it makes me a more
efficient and experienced person. That leaves me more useful when
helping people, and gives me more time to help them too.

> - Other people have already solved your problems

I have no problems. My web framework is working just as I want it to.

> also problems that you can't think of yet.

What problems didn't I think of yet?

> - Not reusing code is just plain evil.

I'm using mod_python, Cheetah, SQLObject and PostgreSQL. I publish all
my own code under an Open Source license so other people can learn
from and contribute to it. How am I not reusing code?

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa