Python and ASP

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Feb 15 08:51:08 EST 2006

Tempo wrote:
> What do you mean? I can't just upload the file to the server that is
> going to host my site?

Note that the language identifier directive

<%@ Language=Python %>

should come right at the top of the file to do any good.

Is this an ISP-managed web server? If so it's possible that they haven't
(and may not want to) installed the Active Scripting features of Python
that come with the win32all extensions.

I can't remember offhand whether a separate step is necessary after
installing win32all, but without those extensions IIS just won't
recognize Python as an Active Scripting language.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119