would it be feasable to write python DJing software

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Fri Feb 3 01:13:29 EST 2006

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 02:35:56 +0100
Ivan Voras <ivoras at __-fer.hr-__> wrote:
> Levi Campbell wrote:
> > Hi, I'm thinking about writing a system for DJing in
> > python, but I'm not sure if Python is fast enough to
> > handle the realtime audio needed for DJing
>
> Any and all mixing would probably happen in some sort of
> multimedia  library written in C

Of which more than one exists. You may have some interest in
PyMedia, PyGame (SDL), pyogg, pyvorbis packages.

You might want to try googling for "Python audio libraries",
that appears to turn up some other results.

Note that pyogg/pyvorbis will also give you access to
the embedded metadata in Ogg files, which sounds like it
might be useful in your application.

Cheers,
Terry