Embedding an Application in a Web browser

paron rphillips at engineer.co.summit.oh.us
Thu Feb 16 07:23:41 EST 2006

>From the OP:
<snip>As for the application it has to be able display simple animated
graphics such as circles, lines and squares. However if someone clicks
on a shape it should open up another application, such as Word. Thanks,

Rod

Python Newbie </snip>

<snip>The application itself can sit on the local
users computer, rather than actually being downloaded via the web. It
will be retrieving data from a variety of sources.</snip>

I was thinking that the security provisions might make it difficult for
the script in the browser to interact with the OS. If that is "simple"
to get around, then I agree, Karrigell is overkill.

OTOH, Karrigell makes it simple to interact with the local machine's
OS, and especially if you are a beginner at Python. YMMV, of course.
Thanks for offering your opinion.

Ron