Thread imbalance

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Feb 4 18:55:32 EST 2006

Ivan Voras wrote:
> Tuvas wrote:
>>waits for a lul in the computing process. How can I ensure that this
>>does not happen? This thread uses little processing power, so it could
>>be set to a high priority, if there is a way to do this. Thanks!
>
> Python is bad for concurrently executing/computing threads, but it
> shouldn't be that bad - do you have lots of compute-intensive threads?

Just in case anyone coming along in the future reads this statement, for
the record I'd like to say this is obviously a matter of opinion or
interpretation, since in my view Python is *excellent* for threads
(which are generally considered "concurrently executing", so I think
that adjective is redundant, too).

Ivan, what makes you say that Python is bad for threads?  Did the
qualifcation "concurrently executing/computing" have some significance
that I missed?

-Peter