Too Many if Statements?

slogging_away hinnc at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 11:40:47 EST 2006

Hi - I'm running Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310
32 bit (Intel)] on win32, and have a script that makes numerous checks
on text files, (configuration files), so discrepancies can be reported.
 The script works fine but it appears that I may have hit a wall with
'if' statements.

Due to the number of checks perfromed by the script on the text files,
(over 500), there are quite a few 'if' statements in the script, (over
1150).  It seems that it is at the point that when I add any additional
'if' statements the script will not run.  No error is produced - it
just returns to the python prompt much the same as when a successful
'Check Module' command is selected.  If I delete some other 'if'
statements the new ones work so it appears that it has hit a limit on
the number of 'if' statements.  This has stunted any further checks for
the script to make on the text files.

Hs anyone ever run into this sort of thing?