editor for Python on Linux

Mladen Adamovic adamm_n0 at spamm_blic.net
Mon Feb 20 16:57:30 EST 2006

rainbow.cougar at gmail.com wrote:
> Actually gedit does have syntax highlighting and works quite well.

Uops, it seems that I should give a second chance to it, I haven't
noticed its settings.

> If you put down emacs so casually you obviously have no experience with
> one of the most powerful text editors available. I don't use because I
> like the X windows editors more.

I know that emacs is powerfull editor but I'm not used to it.

> Basically any editor that can insert spaces for tabs and maintain
> indentation level works well.

jEdit don't maintain indentation level correct (it was my first try)
then I googled a bit and was confused so I posted a message here :).

--
Mladen Adamovic
home page: http://home.blic.net/adamm