Python and Flash

sjdevnull at yahoo.com sjdevnull at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 12:48:18 EST 2006

SamFeltus wrote:
> I aint a professional coder, but a gardener.  However, the
> Flash->JSON->Python technique works.  It is poorly coded, but it is IMO
> a very simple way to integrate Flash and Python compared to the methods
> normally suggested on the net.
>
> The HTML is just some junk thrown up for people with lower tech
> browsers without much thought or consideration.

Some people with high-tech browsers don't use Flash for non-technical
reason.  The audit clauses in the license allow Macromedia to audit
your computers for license compliance at any time, so some companies
that feel strongly about their data staying away from prying eyes won't
allow it to be installed.  It's illegal to install Flash on some
versions of Windows, let alone more esoteric operating systems.  Using
the version bundled with IE may skirt some of these issues, I'm not
sure.

see http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/license/desktop/
especially 2(b) and 3(a).