RSA in python

Abhisek Datta abhisek.datta at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 01:40:00 EST 2006

Hello,

Here is some debugging output:

---
pyKB-DEBUG: Connecting to http://192.168.0.2:8080/RPC2
pyKB-DEBUG: Initializing session: (sessionKey: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO)
pyKB-DEBUG: Received public key:
-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----
MIGJAoGBALxi3tGXlSwRgn7/Km6mTSge+5ijQgIn3GvnZOeYyOo1DkubVtTaFj26
GWtJo43MEe1a5UlWKJEOpbKVCr4AASfFj8YmmRewH4SXdZ+w1Bad8amyzL2h8F7J
wJojOnocSs6xDE7o86CpZRUlojBefanMdCpu074QFktE63OD1zBBAgMBAAE=
-----END RSA PUBLIC KEY-----

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "KB_Client.py", line 96, in ?
    kb.SessionInit(sessionKey="ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO")
  File "KB_Client.py", line 63, in SessionInit
    rsa = M2Crypto.RSA.load_pub_key("pubkey.pem")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/M2Crypto/RSA.py", line 225,
in load_pub_key
    return load_pub_key_bio(bio)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/M2Crypto/RSA.py", line 237,
in load_pub_key_bio
    rsa_error()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/M2Crypto/RSA.py", line 162,
in rsa_error
    raise RSAError, m2.err_reason_error_string(m2.err_get_error())
M2Crypto.RSA.RSAError: no start line
---

You can clearly see the public key which I am receiving from an xmlrpc
server. Then I saved the public key in "pubkey.pem" file and then use
M2Crypto.RSA.load_pub_key() and I am getting the output as show above.

-abhisek