simple math question

Mon Feb 13 16:06:16 EST 2006

Dave Hansen wrote:

> Probably not the "wrong" way, just a different way, especially if you
> write C code.

Oh, how poorly you know me! ;) I started learning C# a year ago, just
for fun, but that's about all I know (aside from HTML and CSS). I did
have a high school class in C++ a long, long time ago though.

Anyway, Python is my next venture, again just for fun. I guess my
problem was like you said, I was used to truncating toward zero, not
toward negative infinity. Knowing that that's how Python works fully
explains my problem now.