Little tool - but very big size... :-(

Durumdara durumdara at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 05:17:01 EST 2006

Hi !

>I've snipped out the relatively small files above. Yes, true, some of
>them consume about 0.5MB each.
>
>It seems to me that your choice of GUI framework is a major cost here. I
>have never used wxpython. Instead my GUIs are based on tkinter. What I
>typically end up with is roughly 7MB. My last example ended up in 7.5MB.
>Zipping the whole thing reduces that to 2.6MB. Is it completly out of
>the question to have a compressed version of the tool on your memory
>stick, and to decompress it on the examined computer before actually
>running the tool?
>
>/MiO

Yes, the wxPython use the big files, and win32api do it too...
I need them, but wxPython is changeable to tkinter, because it is use
only one special thing: a wx.GenericDirCtrl (the user can choose file or
directory with this control in same way).

The last (compressed) version is 5 MB. That is better !

Thanx: dd