newbie - script works in PythonWin - fails from Python

marcus.tettmar at gmail.com marcus.tettmar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 05:29:03 EST 2006

I'm using ctypes and loading a DLL and running a DLL function.  As I
say it works perfectly with no errors when I run from PythonWin but
gives the following exception when run from command line.

WindowsError: exception code 0xeedfade

I can use the DLL with no issues in other languages too.  It works fine
in VB, C++ and in Python when run from PythonWin but gets an exception
when run from python.exe

PythonWin must be doing something different, but I can't find anything
in the documentation.