embedding python in HTML

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Fri Feb 17 17:08:03 EST 2006

In article <bpCdne1jK5jC1GjeRVn-gw at rcn.net>,
John Salerno  <johnjsal at NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>bruno at modulix wrote:
>
>> You've got to understand that Python is *not* a 'ServerPage' language
>> (-> php, asp, jsp etc) in itself. Your server can now run python, fine,
>> but *how* ? CGI ? FastCGI ? mod_python ? other ? (hint: it's probably
>> just plain old CGI...)
>
>So does that mean I need to have something further on the server? Or is
>this something I can do on my end? How do I find out what I need?

While others have provided salient technical details to
you, my recommendation is to start with your provider.
Say to him, "when you tell me you've 'turned Python on',
what exactly does that mean?  Have you configured Web
service for CGI?  Zope?  ..."  This is a case where it's
good to talk to a person.