Another stupid newbie question

Byte eoinrogers at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 14:58:20 EST 2006

"Do yourself a HUGE favour and read this before posting any more
questions
to comp.lang.python. Trust me, you really will thank us.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html "

I find that webpage highly insulting, and so should you. It is treating
you like a small child, who needs to be told everything. If you need
more information, just ask. I myself have been on hardware lists/fourms
for quite a while now. I never answer questions that go into too much
detail, I find it off-putting and insulting - I feel it treats me like
some sort of robot, that requires all eventualities to be programed
into it to start answering the questions. I just ask politly for more
info, if I need it. But questions from people saying 'Please help' etc.
is great. They know they are in the wrong, and intend to be humorus.
They dont intend to annoy/offend anybody. And really, I dont need to be
told how to be polite, thank you. As regards to grammer/spelling, what
if sombody is unsure of how to spell something? And did you ever hear
of being in a rush?

 -- /usr/bin/byte