ANN: Extended Python debugger 0.12

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Tue Feb 21 19:49:13 EST 2006

This third release of an improved debugger also probably about as
great as the last release.

Download from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=61395&package_id=175827

On-line documentation is at
http://bashdb.sourceforge.net/pydb/pydb/lib/index.html

Along with this release is a version of ddd (3.3.12-test3) that
interfaces with this debugger. Get that at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=61395&package_id=65341

- - - - - -
>From the NEWS file.

* Add gdb commands:
    - "cd" command
    - "display", "undisplay"
    - help subcommands for "show", "info", and "set"
    - info: "display", "line" "source" and "program"
    - "pwd" command
    - "return" (early exit from a function)
    - "shell" command
    - Extend "info line" to allow a function name.

* Use inspect module. Argument parameters and values are now shown.

* Break out debugger into more files

* File location reporting changed. Is now like mdb, bashdb, or (or perldb)

* Changes to make more compatible with ddd.

* Doc fixes, add more GNU Emacs debugger commands

* "clear" command now accepts a function name

* Bugfixes:
  - allow debugged program to mangle sys.argv (we save our own copy)