Another try at Python's selfishness

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 08:44:40 EST 2006

"But the point is, the current situation is not newbie-friendly (I can
tell, I am a newbie)"

I will agree to that, as I consider myself still new. _But_, it's a
stumbling stone only briefly. Get enough nagging error messages, and
you learn and move on. I agree with the grandparent poster that it is a
perfect self-documenting thing, as the use of 'self' is pretty obvious.
For a language that one can learn in a short time, this is a tempest in
a teacup.

I'm just trying to disown my several years of Perl. I like PHP too much
and have no experience with Python in a CGI environment. So, I'm a
little bit confused linguistically. ;-)