In need of a virtual filesystem / archive

Enigma Curry workbee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 15:39:01 EST 2006

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I realized a few minutes after I posted that a database would work.. I
just wasn't in that "mode" of thinking when I posted.

PyTables also looks very interesting, especially because apparently I
can read a file in the archive like a normal python file, ie one line
at a time.

Could I do the same using SQL? I'm assuming I would get the whole file
back when I did my SELECT statement. I guess I could chunk the file out
and store it in multiple rows, but that sounds complicated.