[ANN] httpy 0.9.0 -- a sane and robust HTTP library for Python

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Fri Feb 24 13:30:59 EST 2006

Rene Pijlman wrote:
> Chad Whitacre:
>
>>I am pleased to announce the first public release of httpy -- a sane and
>>robust HTTP library for Python. With httpy, you write "responders," and
>>put them on the network with "couplers." Here is a trivial responder:
>>
>>  import httpy
>>
>>  class Responder:
>>    def respond(request):
>>      raise httpy.Response(200, "Greetings, program!")
>>

>>And here is how to couple it:
>>
>>  responder = Responder()
>>  coupler = httpy.couplers.StandAlone(responder)
>>  coupler.go()
>>
>>httpy is so amazing, in fact, that with it I was able to write an entire
>>wiki in only 20 seconds!
>

> Now that's what I call a short learning curve. So can this replace Zope
> then? Or mod_python? Apache? CGI? All of those?

The example given does not run on my system:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "HowToUse_httpy.py", line 7, in ?
     coupler = httpy.couplers.StandAlone(responder)
   File
"C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\httpy\couplers\standalone\coupler.py",
line 36, in __init__
     responder = add_api(responder, root, uri)
   File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\httpy\couplers\utils.py", line
24, in add_api
     verifyObject(IResponder, responder, tentative=True)
   File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\httpy\_zope\interface\verify.py",
line 96, in verifyObject
     return _verify(iface, candidate, tentative, vtype='o')
   File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\httpy\_zope\interface\verify.py",
line 88, in _verify
     raise BrokenMethodImplementation(name, mess)
httpy._zope.interface.exceptions.BrokenMethodImplementation: The
implementation of respond violates its contract
         because implementation doesn't allow enough arguments.

What are the requirements? Zope?

Claudio