How to get DVD Drive Name?

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Tue Feb 14 03:33:57 EST 2006

[Robot]

> How to get the DVD Drive name with Python?

Since you're not giving many clues with that
question, I'm going to guess that you're on
Windows and that you want to know which of
your drives is the DVD? Or, possibly, what
the physical DVD description is.

Assuming that's the case, you should be able
to do something with WMI. I don't have a DVD
on this machine, but I suggest you look at
the Win32_CDROMDrive class, and probably at
the Id or Drive fields.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk